Think Save Retire is expanding!

Published May 31, 2015   Posted in Having some fun

Over the last 6 months of running Think Save Retire, both Courtney and I have had an amazing time not only posting articles and reading comments, but also meeting other folks in this whole new community of ours.  Blogs like Our Next Life, Debtless In Texas, Money Mozart, Even Steven Money, Gen Y Finance Guy, Dividend Mantra, Debt Discipline and FI Big Sky have all influenced the both of us in ways that we cannot possibly express. Everything has been such a wonderful experience that we just can’t help ourselves but keep this ship sailin’.

In early July, Think Save Retire will be expanding and introducing a new element to the site – the side of us that likes to travel, hike and explore will get its own little home on the Internet through a connected – yet different – blog.

Instead of Think Save Retire, we’re going with Think Save Explore.

On Think Save Explore, we document and meticulously photograph our world the way we see it.  Think of it as a travel blog, but much more encompassing.  We aren’t just traveling – “travel” is too simple a term.  We are experiencing.  We are learning.  We are getting out into nature and digging our fingernails into the sand.

We will write articles similar in style to what you read (and hopefully enjoy) here, but they will be laced with big, beautiful photographs that actually show what we’re experiencing .  After all, words can only say so much.  We’re upping the ante and giving your eyes some sexy and colorful stimulation.

We will make an official announcement once the web site goes live, but watch for it.  If you love photo explorations as much as I do, I bet you’ll like what we are putting together.

Happy June!

Comments

13 responses to “Think Save Retire is expanding!”

1. Amber Tree says:

Excellent idea! A blog on experience travel will be a great tool to share with people still on the journey what to expect.
    Being into photography myself, I also look forward to your pictures of the world.
    It will be a good way to visualize what early retirement and slow travel could be.

I look forward to your first travel reports.

Thanks Amber! I am definitely hoping to put something together that’s both informative and beautiful. We’ll see how I do. 🙂

2. Chris Muller says:

Congrats! That’s awesome… and frankly I was wondering when it was coming. I can tell just through your normal posts here that you’re incredibly passionate about travel and photography. Good luck and I can’t wait to check it out!

Thanks Chris, you’re right, it was only a matter of time before we brought this particular element to our blog. As always, thanks for your readership!

3. My wife and I live a frugal lifestyle, I am working on building a passive income stream and learning as much as I can to become financially independent. One area where we spend some money is on travel. Travel has been a good learning experience and rewarding on many levels. Look forward to following your travel experiences.

Hi Dividend Explorer,

I definitely agree that traveling is a rewarding learning experience. Experiencing different ways of life in some pretty different areas of the worlds opens up your eyes to the reality of our existence…expanding your horizons, as they say. 🙂

4. Hey Steve,

Congrats on the next evolution.

Question: Will it be a completely different domain or a sub domain?

It sounds like it will be a completely different domain. Either way you should check out this site to see how this blogger is connecting all 6 of his seperate but related sites.

Scroll all the way to the bottom.

Cheers,

Hey Gen Y!

Actually, contrary to how it sounds, I’m actually going to be using a subdomain. But even with a domain, I am using the WordPress multisite feature. It’s fast, simple and, best of all, free! 🙂

5. That’s awesome! Look forward to reading about your adventures, and seeing the great photos.

Thanks, appreciate the encouraging words! I only hope that the quality of the photographs can at least meet expectations. 🙂

6. […] Think Save Retire is expanding by adding a travel / adventure blog! […]

7. […] hurrah!  Honestly, I had originally planned to release our new adventure and photography blog in early July, but heck, there is no time like the present, right?  And so, without further ado, our new blog […]

8. Huge congrats Steve! Good luck with the expansion. And enjoy your travel/experiencing adventure! 🙂