Pics from the great Rocky Mountains, Colorado

Published September 2, 2016   Posted in Having some fun

No Friday Feast this week as my wife and I are enjoying a much-needed escape from the heat with a visit to the Grand Lake area in the Rocky Mountains. Instead of linking to beautifully-written content, how about some beautifully taken photographs?

At least I hope they are beautiful, as I took them. Here ya go, please enjoy!

P.S. An interview that I did for Andrew over at Family Money Plan went live this week. I may have said that there are no money obstacles anymore. Cocky? Nah…how about confident?

Panoramic of Grand Lake and Shadow Mountain Lake

Panoramic of Grand Lake and Shadow Mountain Lake

From our dock on a smaller lake, thunderstorms in the distance

From our dock on a smaller lake, thunderstorms in the distance

A view inside Rocky Mountain National Park

A view inside Rocky Mountain National Park

The obligatory selfie in Rocky Mountain National Park

The obligatory selfie in Rocky Mountain National Park

Elk in Rocky Mountain National Park

Elk in Rocky Mountain National Park

A view across Estes Park outside of Rocky Mountain National Park.

A view across Estes Park outside of Rocky Mountain National Park.

Comments

34 responses to “Pics from the great Rocky Mountains, Colorado”

1. Beautiful! Enjoy the getaway.

2. Amazing – they almost look like paintings! We are loving your vlogs over at astreaminlife.com too! My husbands taking notes as we begin to look at campers/trailers. Enjoy!

3. Can you believe that we live in Colorado and still haven’t been there???? Beautiful shots. You have the eye my friend.

4. Arrgo says:

Really like reading your blog but also enjoy the great pictures!

5. Looks awesome! Hope you guys are having as great of a time as it looks! 🙂

6. Malena says:

I’ve got a new screensaver!! 🙂 Absolutely beautiful and inspiring. Thank you and enjoy!

7. Kate says:

Wow, the second picture with the stars and thunderstorm in the distance is stunning. Thanks for sharing these!

8. Tawcan says:

Wow great pictures. Love the look of the mountains and water. 🙂

9. Michelle says:

Great pictures! We love this area!

10. SR says:

All look great, but the one from the dock at night is especially beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

11. Lazy FI Guy says:

I was disappointed to read that there wasn’t a Friday Feast, but the beautiful pictures of Colorado are worthy of today’s post. I love Colorado. Such a picturesque, majestic state. Thanks for sharing, Steve.

12. Wonderful photos! Colorado looks great! I need to visit that state more.

13. Anne says:

Awesome pictures! I loved the one of the storm rolling in at night – really cool!

We visited RMNP in 2011 and it’s awesome. Unfortunately we were only there for one day and that’s not enough. Will definitely be back someday!

14. Jef Miles says:

These are epic pics here! Looks like you’re having a blast Steve.
    Thanks for sharing & here’s to FIRE 🙂

15. Eric Fete says:

Great pics!! We go there every summer; have a partial ownership in a condo. Love it!

16. mosprott says:

2nd photo is GORGEOUS. Nice work!

17. Love the photos…just Wow!! New to ready your blog, but am excited to read about how you made your plan work. What type of camera did you take these with? Looking forward to following your adventure.

Thanks Beach Bum, appreciate you dropping by. I use a Sony A6000 and the Sony 18-105 f/4 the large majority of the time. Nice little camera for the most part; lightweight and easy to pack with you. Poor battery life, so I always have an extra battery with me!