Blog showcase: The young and the restless!

Published December 19, 2016   Posted in Blogging

Hey guys, it’s blog showcase time! This is my opportunity to spread the love a little bit around this wonderful personal finance blogosphere and talk about some of the newer blogs run by some seriously motivated bloggers. The bloggers might not be young, but the blogs are!

I’ve spent the last couple of weeks casing the joint. I’ve been on the hunt for newer blogs that are ready for some wonderful blog traffic. These bloggers are all determined to design a better life for themselves by mastering their money and prioritizing what is truly important to them.

Blogs take a TON of time to start, build and maintain – trust me. This blog post is designed to reward that hard work with some traffic, butΒ to also offer up some differing perspectives on the issue of money. There are a lot of ideas out there, and the more knowledgeable we are about what’s going on in this community, the better prepared we’ll be to make the very best decisions for ourselves and our families.

Alright, enough chatting. Without further ado, I present to you…

Blog showcase: The young and the restless

Miss Mazuma – She’s ruling the roost as far as I’m concerned. She is a flight attendant by trade and offers readers a relaxing, yet powerful, writing style. Don’t miss Miss. Mazuma! <- Triple Ms are powerful stuff.

Montana Money Adventures – She had over $50Gs of debt on her wedding day. She writes about frugality and the undying wisdom of “work optional”. Recently, she wrote about your “monthly nut ratio”. I know.

Bayalis Is The Answer – In Hindi, Bayalis means 42 – and that’s the age of retirement for these bloggers. They aren’t afraid to throw out some numbers, which I love. Follow their journey, I know you won’t be disappointed.

TJ Pridonoff – Tongue-twister name, but straight-forward money goals. Better yet, next year he’s heading off on a cross-country road trip. He doesn’t want to wander the planet alone. Just, have options.

Financial Libre – These guys base their entire money philosophy on a very simple premise: “Freedom leads to happiness and fulfillment”. They write about happiness and fulfillment. Health. Careers. They got it all.

Financial Panther – He’s a lawyer; she’s a dentist. All hisΒ student loans? Gone. Over $85,000, destroyed. They are a high income couple chatting about using big salaries to save big time green and take control over your financial life.

Cantankerous Life – This guy calls himself a “non-practicing financial planner”; I like it! He is hell-bent on achieving financial independence and designed a wicked cool flow chart that describes his money philosophy.

Full Time Finance – He maximizes his own happiness by only spending money on the things that matter which, in this day and age, is much easier said that done!.

Hotels and Money – The Frugal Fox is on a mission. This guy combines frugal living with the art of travel, and he does it so damn well.

Mustard Seed Money – At 35, this guy clearly wants to take control of his money situation. He wants to retire in five years. Love the determination…and the retirement goal!

Cracking Retirement – Okay, she’s already retired after working for more than 30 years in IT. And in case you’re wondering, no, she doesn’t get bored.

Mr. Crazy Kicks – He’s almost as informal as I am – and that’s saying something! He spreads “deranged” ideas across the Interwebs and has a ton of fun while doing it. Those kicks are pretty cray-cray.

My Money Wizard – This dude saved $100,000 by 25 and is on pace to quit the rat race by 37. Super cool. He talks about his money wizardry and lays out the straight dope about his net worth.

Dollar after Dollar – Who wants to build a legacy of wealth for their family? Sounds cool, and this blogger writes about it. Dollar after dollar, it all adds up to something truly freaking awesome.

Trapped In Work – Joe Freedom is a father of three living an upper-middle class lifestyle. They are surrounded by the hyper-consumption lifestyle, and they want out, fast!

Edit: More awesome young blogs

Early Retirement Now – I love this guy’s slogan: “You can’t afford NOT to retire early”. I tend to agree. There is always more money to be made out there…but we can never materialize time out of thin air!

Picky Pinchers – “We’re on a journey to pay off debt and retire early, all while being picky about the pennies we pinch.” Man, why can’t I be that clever coming up with slogans! Ugh.

Wealth Well Done – Finding your true purpose in life can be tough, and this guy writes about it. Remember, “wealth” isn’t just about riches. It’s about happiness. And fulfillment.

The Money Commando – He’s 40 and plans to call it quits at 45. He likes his job now…but he understands that jobs change. He might not like it forever. What’s a guy to do? Financial independence, that’s what!

Did I forget anyone?

I KNOWΒ that I forgot some blogs. There are a ton out there and I couldn’t possibly capture every one. Trust me, it wasn’t personal. If there are any young blogs out there that I missed, please do let me know in the comments section below. I’m always geared up and ready to pursue some more blogs – and hell, I might even edit this article and include those blogs later on!

Comments

80 responses to “Blog showcase: The young and the restless!”

1. Thanks for consolidating and sharing these, Steve!

I’m already a fan of Ms. Mazuma, Bayalis, Financial Panther, Full Time Finance, & Mustard Seed Money.

And I’m really looking forward to reading the others I haven’t encountered yet.

Welcome aboard young blogs! πŸ™‚

2. Thanks for sharing this. I’m always looking for new blogs to read. There are several here that are on my blogroll but I will definitely check out the new ones.

3. Thanks for the shout out, dude!

Enjoy your last few days at work. You’re gonna love being unemployed. I just passed my 6 month mark since quitting. And looking back, it’s been the best 6 months of my life πŸ™‚

You’re welcome! Yup, I’m definitely enjoying the thought that this is my last week of full-time work…hopefully forever. It’s an awesome feeling!

4. I’m already a fan of a lot of these, but I’ll have to check some of the others out. It’s been great to have such a wide community of new bloggers to grow with as well as more experienced bloggers to emulate! Thanks for the recommendations!

Thanks for checking this out, Matt. I agree, it’s awesome having a wide community of bloggers, and we’re all coming at this from our own unique perspectives. πŸ™‚

5. Miss Mazuma says:

Hey, Steve! Thanks for the shout out. πŸ™‚ I’m honored to be amongst this list of fine bloggers. Most I know but a couple have managed to slip by me so I’ve got to head over and check them out. These long flights give me plenty of reading time!

Side note – watching you countdown your last days has been excruciating….this must be the longest 7 days known to man!! πŸ˜‰

6. Thanks so much for the shout out!!

There are so many good blogs out there and I’m a huge fan of a lot of these on the list. I will definitely need to check out a couple that I’m not familiar with.

Thanks for sharing!!!

7. Thanks much, Steve!

A great lineup here, and I’m pumped to be included! As you rightly point out, there’s a ton of great stuff sloughing off the fingers of the bloggers on this list, as well as many others. Our PF/FIRE blogospace is very rich, indeed.

Thanks again, and best of luck with these final days of careering.

Ha! Thanks FinanciaLibre – well written. I’m enjoying the last several days knowing that by this time next week, I’ll be free of a career…at least a career that requires a full-time J.O.B.

8. Steve, you’re awesome. You’re the modern day J.D. Roth, sharing the love generously (and heading out on the road in an R.V.). I think it’s great that many bloggers, like you, are all about building up our community and helping our readers. Selfless.

Great choices on all of the blogs, I’m really impressed with some of the new writers hitting the scene. Thanks for sharing the love.

I’m humbled! Mentioning my name in the same sentence as J.D. Roth is definitely an honor – thanks Fritz, as always. Oh, and right back at you, my friend.

9. Oh my, how could you forget about me? Maybe it’s because I’m already slightly over 40 (but the blog is young, less than 1-year-old). Or because I’m too laid back and no longer restless. πŸ™‚
    Anyway, great list! I knew most of them already but will check out the new ones!

10. Thanks for putting this together! It’s nice to see some fellow blogging whippersnappers for 20-something advice. I’m 24 and blogging over at Picky Pinchers if that qualifies as being young and restless. πŸ˜‰

But it’s especially tough to get a hold of your finances when you’re still getting used to taking care of yourself/making your own money/functioning. I could barely keep my sobs silent as I filed taxes for the first time. It’s a time in our lives when we definitely don’t have everything figured out–while avoiding intense peer pressure to conform and buy everything under the sun.

I got ya! I don’t know if any of us truly has anything figured out, me included. We all learn as we go, which is what helps to make it such a fun ride. πŸ™‚

• Mylky says:

This is so accurate (Mrs Picky Pincher’s comment, that is). Thanks Steve for pointing out all these young(er) bloggers. There’s something refreshing about seeing people my age all around the world resisting peer pressure in favour of reaching their goals. A+++

11. There are some great blogs here, many of which I read!

What qualifies as a “young blog” Steve? I’m a little sad I wasn’t included, but I did just cross the 1-year mark.

Maybe my next post will be entitled “Why Steve Hates Me And How To Fix It”.

πŸ˜›

• Mrs. BITA says:

Hahahaha.

Steve asked folks for their favourite new blogs that are under 6 months old. That is probably why you didn’t qualify.

Or maybe he does hate you. Who knows what lurks in the deep dark depths of any man’s heart?

You’re a veteran! Worry not – I plan to come up with another Blog Showcase or two with some of the more established blogs. That is where you come in. πŸ™‚

12. Thanks for sharing the links that I would forward to reading many of these next week! I love the week between Christmas and New Years for getting caught up after a busy month.

13. Thanks for the shout out Steve! There are a ton of blogs out there and always great to see what others are putting out. I follow a lot of the bloggers on this list, but you’ve added a few new ones I’ll have to keep up with. Hopefully, with some time, I can be a more veteran blogger like you!

I’m a fan of the first 4 blogs, but haven’t gotten over to the rest yet. Those ladies, and TJ have some great writing styles!

Thanks for sticking all the links in one spot!

15. I felt so grateful to be featured on the Friday Feast, that I’m in no way sad to be missed out on this list. Posting a new post today: “The Power of Money and Investing” which details the 3 steps we took to learn and grow new money knowledge in our minds. Thank you, Steve. Missing out on this list got me motivated to work harder and create even better writing. See you next time!

Well played, Bill! πŸ˜‰

I’ve added you to the list. Keep up the awesome content – I love what you write about.

• Thanks Steve! I popped back in today and see I did make your list! Nice! Here’s a little background on me and Wealth Well Done: I’m new to the personal finance space, but I am a veteran thinker, adventurer, and writer. I used to write about life purpose 100% of the time, but it was hard to come up with consistently great content for the un-quantifiable subject of purpose alone. I took a break from writing, kept exploring my mind and saving my money, and then the idea suddenly hit my wife and I this summer: What we’re really great at is building wealth, because the wealthiest people are filled with just as much purpose as money! We just use money to fund our adventure to find our freedom, meaning, and purpose. And bingo, we had found our niche. What I really want to be is a mindset coach to help grow leaders. Because if you can get your mind in the right state, that will naturally lead you to experiencing life in the right state, and your purpose will come and find you. I am a big believer that all success starts in the mind first. I’ll keep defining this philosophy as I build it in future posts. I put 3,000 words out today explaining my growing views of money and investing. I’m a low six-figure net worth guy, so I have a big enough cushion to not worry about money, but not enough money to totally let go of my main income YET. I’m happy with my journey thus far, considering I was only worth about 25K 5 years ago when I went independent and started my own sales business. That’s called figuring life out, and moving up. Now on to find my real purpose!

Very nice, Bill! I think you’ve discovered the key to a happy life. Money helps, but truly happy people are wealthy in other ways – like friendships and contentment. They are comfortable in their own skin and understand what makes them happy. I was late in the game with figuring that one out, but hey…better late than never, right?

• Thanks Steve. I think you just hit on another fiction story I need to write… wealth is found in being comfortable in your own skin. That’s hugely important that I haven’t touched on yet. Thank you.

16. Steve,

Would you mind adding me to the list of new blogs?

TheMoneyCommando

17. Ms. Montana says:

Ah, thanks for the love. Although the post I get the weirdest SEO from is “Sitting naked with Strangers.” I need to work on more straight forward post titles. The amount of search results from “Ms. Montana naked” and “how to sit naked” was shocking. I’m sure they were all very impressed with my financial advice!

Mr Mt has the humor of a 13 year old boy, so he came up with TONS of sub-lines to “The Monthly Nut Ratio.” None of them helpful or decent. We are a great pair. =) I tend to run a little too serious, and him rather ridiculous.

Ha! My wife and I are exactly the same way. She’s the serious one, I’m the child. I’d rather not admit what was going through my mind when I read “The Nut Ratio” for the first time. πŸ˜‰

18. Wow, I’m going to have fun checking these out. Also, I want to say thank you for having the links open in a separate window. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen lists like this and I have to keep going back to the original blog. Something to put on my ‘pet peeve’ list… πŸ™‚

19. Matt Spillar says:

Really cool of you to put this together Steve! I’ll definitely need to check out some of these blogs that I hadn’t been aware of, thanks for the great roundup.

20. Mrs. BITA says:

Thank you Steve! This is a fantastic list (not that I am biased or anything : ).

In the less than 3 months I have been blogging I have discovered that the PF blogging community is rich is much, much more than money and knowledge of archaic financial facts. It is a community rich in generosity of spirit. It is a community that I am proud to be a part of.

Hey Mrs. BITA – it’s true, this is a very, very rich community – not necessarily in monetary wealth, but in kindness and inclusion. It’s been a wonderful experience.

21. Joe Freedom says:

Steve, as voiced by Fritz above, you are indeed awesome. Thanks a ton for the inclusion on this almost-equally-awesome list! I’m clearly not worthy, but am honored and grateful.

β€”Joe
    Joe Freedom recently posted…Financial Independence/Early Retirement Comes In Many Flavors

Thank you so much for your kind words, Joe – very much appreciate your readership and stopping by to check out these blogs. Keep up the good work, my friend.

22. Slow Dad says:

Wow, thanks for pumping up my tires there Steve!

There are some super talented writers amongst them, many great additions for my feedly queue.

Keep up the great work, and all the best for your big life change.

Cheers
    Slow Dad

23. Mrs. COD says:

It is awesome you provide this roundup as well as the Friday Feast. I always know you’re the one to turn to when I need a little variety in my PF reading, and I find great people to follow! Thanks for doing so much to spread the FIRE and so many interesting perspectives on personal finance!

24. Excellent list – 8 new reads here for me! Thanks Steve – I’ll be on the road over the holidays with lots of time to read in the car and check these out!

Thanks Vicki! I’ll be on the road too, actually. Not sure how much reading time I’ll have, though – there’s just too much hiking to do! πŸ™‚

25. Thanks for the shout out Steve. How goes the final week? It must be hard to keep concentrating at this point.

Very hard, but I’m at the point now where nothing really matters any more – from a full-time work perspective, of course. I’m just kinda chugging along and helping out where I can, but not getting intimately involved with anything that I’ll just need to hand off to someone else anyway. I’m sliding into home!

26. Looks like some great stuff to read! Thanks for pulling all this together Steve! Too bad this pesky job is getting in the way of reading all these! Ha! Maybe over the holidays…

Ha! I know how you feel! Yup, hopefully our looming vacations will allow everyone some time to catch up on the things that need catching up on…like blogs, of course! πŸ˜‰

27. Roadrunner says:

Great collection, thank you for sharing! I also regularly read quite a few of them, but looks like there are still a lot to check out πŸ™‚

You’re very welcome, Roadrunner – thanks for dropping by. Hopefully this’ll give you some reading material to peruse as you enjoy some time away from the office. πŸ™‚

28. TJ says:

Steve,

Thanks for doing this!

Yesterday was in fact my biggest single-day page view day….even more than a couple Mondays ago when a whole bunch of people shared my Real Estate post.

Also, it seemed like as good of a reason as any to motivate me to update my ‘start here’ page. Ha.

29. FrugalFox says:

Steve,
    Thanks for featuring me in your list. It’s a wonderful feeling to be acknowledged by great people.
    You will be please to know it helped grow my email list over the past few days.
    Thanks

30. Hi Steve, Many thanks for the Shout Out. I logged on earlier today, and wondered why my views had jumped considerably. Thanks to you, evidently!

I have enjoyed the couple of months blogging, however as you say in your post, it is also hard work, as I am discovering! However, it is also interesting and challenging, as I find out how things particularly WordPress / widgets/ plug-ins etc work

Have a great christmas and thanks again

31. Jef says:

Thanks for sharing Steve! I read dividends down under and dropped coin, which are relatively “young” ones..

I’m probably reading enough of these at the moment as well as looking to build my own although it’s great to read about new up and comers πŸ™‚

32. Thank you for the shout out, Steve! It’s an honor to be included in this group of great writers! It’s great to be a part of a community that can help others take control of their money.

Congrats on your soon to be retirement. It’s been really exciting to watch as the days get closer. FI is what it is all about and you are a living example!

Cheers!

Andrew

33. Mrs. Free says:

Thank you for posting this list. I’m a new blogger who is looking for like-minded friends! I’m 33 and four years away from FI. I’ve read your comments on other blogs and decided to check out yours.

Have a wonderful holiday season.

34. Sanjib Saha says:

Hi Steve,
    I must agree, you have compiled an amazing list of inspiring people who can teach us more and help us improve. There are many bloggers on the list with whom I have not encountered yet, and I cannot wait to check out their content.
    I love learning new tips and think around to come up with innovative solutions which can help me grow in my field. It will not only educate me how to think but also grow financially. That is why I love learning man.
    Thank you, Steve, for sharing the list with us. Keep on going.

35. […] down from my blogging bro-thesiologist Physician on FIRE,Β from fellow 35-year old retiree Steve at ThinkSaveRetire, and from Rockstar Finance, which is evidently a website of some […]