Personal Finance bloggers on Instagram

Published January 28, 2017   Posted in Having some fun

Hi all – I thought that I’d burn a weekend post by highlighting some of my favorite Instagram accounts run by personal finance bloggers. You don’t often think about Instagram when you’re talking personal finance, but today, let’s change that!

For the record (not to mention a shameless plug), I have an Instagram account associated with my sister photo blog, FullTimeExplorers.com. It’s where I put up my photography from around the country. It’s fun. But, I’m not the only personal financer who uses Instagram.

Why Instagram? It is a photography-based social media platform. No blog posts. No WordPress, themes or plugins. It’s straight and simple photos, which makes the system unique, easy and fun to use. And if you like photography as much as I do, you’ll love scrolling through what people are capturing with their cameras.

Ready? Let’s go!

Personal Finance bloggers on Instagram

Here are some of my favorite bloggers who also maintain pretty kickin’ Instagram accounts.

Chris Istace (Web Site)

Wow, Chris is an awesome photographer. As a bit of a photog myself, I admire and appreciate his natural photographic abilities and love following his journey.

Our Next Life (Web Site)

These folks are totally kicking ass on the personal finance front and are avid (avid!) winter sportsters.

The Happy Philosopher (Web Site)

One of my favorite adventurers, this guy knows how to have fun and experience everything that this world has to offer. And, I love his sand castles, too.

The Retirement Manifesto (Web Site)

If you love a good personal finance quote as much as I do, follow the Retirement Manifesto on Instagram. Here’s one of my favorites from his postings.

Hotels And Money (Web Site)

Hotels and Money has a little bit of everything for ya, from family, to travel and, yes, some personal finance gems as well. And don’t we all love Sheldon.

A Journey We Love (Web Site)

Mainly a family and travel Instagram, and they definitely go to some very, very interesting places.

Making Sense of Cents (Web Site)

Michelle is one hell of an adventurer and a master at making money online. Her blog is a wealth of information and her Instagram account is truly inspiring.

Go Curry Cracker (Web Site)

Go Curry Cracker is a world traveler extraordinaire. A beast at living on the cheap overseas and, quite frankly, a master at money and frugal living.

Frugal Cop is a true inspiration!

As a gym rat and former 250-pound dude, I’m truly impressed and inspired by his transformation. With enough discipline and motivation, almost anything is possible in this world. Do you want it bad enough?

Comments

29 responses to “Personal Finance bloggers on Instagram”

1. Cool! Thanks for sharing. I’ll be following anyone I missed today 🙂 So much social media to keep up with it can be exhausting. I’m not not on Pinterest. I feel like I need a social media Director for MMM. Haha.

Mrs. Mad Money Monster

Yeah, sometimes the social media outlets can seem limitless. Instagram definitely hits at my photographic side, though. I enjoy going through some beautiful photography before bed every night. 🙂

2. Man another social media tool for me to track? I just got use to Twitter… Interesting concept for a post thanks for sharing.

3. Cool to see how different PF bloggers utilize Pinterest. Creative post, and I’m honored to have been included! Thanks, Steve!

4. Thanks for sharing!!! I had no idea there were so many personal finance bloggers in the instagram space. Thanks for sharing!!!

5. Ian Bond says:

You’ve been busy Steve! I’m not an “Insta-guy”, but I love scrolling through the pictures as much as anyone.

You have some good ones here! Very cool

6. Miss Mazuma says:

Nice! Frugal Cop is literally kicking ass…his own it would seem! 🙂

I love Chirs’s pics. I actually don’t follow many people on Instagram because I use it as my escape. Chris’s pics help me do that…as you know, he’s an amazing photographer. As are you!! I’ve seen some of your pics on posts but somehow missed your IG page!! Hopping over to follow now. I’m guessing with all this free time on your hands the awesome pics are rolling in!! 🙂

Ha! Yeah, I actually need to keep my Instagram account more updated than I actually do. Once we hit the road full-time, I will have plenty of opportunities to do just that. 😉

• I’m blushing through my keyboard…thanks Miss Mazuma and love to put a smile on people’s faces. Steve wrote a nice review on his camera on his website and we use the same one. You should check it out.

7. Oh man!!! Thank you for including these! I got an Instagram myself maaaybe three months ago and it’s been hard to find people to follow. Well, not any more. 🙂

8. katscratch says:

Ahhh I didn’t even think of searching out my fave bloggers on Instagram! Great recommendations!

9. Thanks for the inclusion. Instagram is my favorite!

10. Awesome shares! Thanks Steve!

Maybe I need an Istagram account too…..scheeez! this social media thing! Hard to keep track of it all across various platforms…

11. Thanks for the mention Steve! Just to be clear though, I did not build that awesome sand castle, I just took a picture of it!

🙂

#fulldisclosure

12. Thanks for sharing, Steve!

Didn’t realize there were so many personal finance bloggers on Instagram! I might actually use mine now.

13. Jef says:

Gotta love Insta and must admit that I’m still working through how Insta looks for having a business brand and blog..

Thanks for sharing and I’ve heard of a few of these.
    Btw you definitely get to have a shamless plug or 2 given the value you add Steve 😉 ha!

Instagram can be a nice additional social media profile, but it really does depend on your brand. Pinterest in very similar in that. If used correctly, they can be fun mediums to help spread awareness to the brand. 🙂

14. Steve !
    So much love and thanks for this. I feel so happy and honoured to be featured in this article and your website. I’m glad you appreciate my instagram account so much. I work hard on sharing beautiful images but also try to tell a story to my followers about living a simpler life where they focus on what is really important to them. So very grateful!
    Cheers